ExcelDashboardWidgets

Helping you create stunning dashboards in Microsoft Excel including dials, speedometers, thermometers, and much more...

Post any problems or questions you have with the ExcelDashboardWidgets spreadsheets here.

Moderator: DashboardWidgets

By Jake
Hello,
I just received the unlocked dashboard file: ExcelDashboardWidgets Spreadsheet2 - Unlocked.xlsx.
I use Excel 2003, so it is converted when opening it. Excel gives a warning and the sheet is read-only.
The traffic light shows now only half.. (see attatchment)

Is it possible to mail me a 2003 version of the sheet?

Regards,
Jake
Attachments
(566.15 KiB) Downloaded 356 times
By DashboardWidgets
Dear Jake

Sorry to hear that you are having technical problems with Excel 2003.

Unfortunately we only have Excel 2007 and Excel 2010 in the office so we cannot verify the problems with the conversion process to Excel 2003.

Can I trouble you to answer the following..

1. Is there just a problem with the conversion of the traffic light widget, or are there problems with the conversion of all the widgets into Excel 2003?
2. Did you have the same problems with the evaluation (free) version of the dashboard spreadsheet?

Once again, sorry that this is not working for you.

Sincerely

DashboardWidgets
By Jake
Hello,

1. Is there just a problem with the conversion of the traffic light widget, or are there problems with the conversion of all the widgets into Excel 2003?
Also problems with other widgets, see attached file. Most scale problems.

2. Did you have the same problems with the evaluation (free) version of the dashboard spreadsheet?
Yes, same problems

Regards,
Jake
Attachments
(5.82 MiB) Downloaded 326 times
By DashboardWidgets
Dear Jake

Once again, sorry this is causing you problems.

It looks like (as you say) it is just a problem with scaling due to the conversion process from Excel 2010 back to Excel 2003. Please give us a few days to attempt to purchase a copy of Excel 2003 to be able to resolve this problem for you and produce a version in Excel 2003.

In the meantime, you could ungroup the widget objects and try to resize the objects manually.The widgets are simply groups of standard Excel Objects (primarily text boxes) for example the traffic lights are simply a solid circle "O" in the windings font inside a textbox.

Once again sorry we can't give you a better solution at this time.

Sincerely

DashboardWidgets
By DashboardWidgets
Hi Jake

Good news - we managed to find an old laptop with Excel 2003 and have created a new dashboard spreadsheet for you!

As you stated, the problem was in the conversion from a newer version of Excel.

Here is the error message received...
File Conversion 2.jpg
We managed to fix the problems - basically the conversion process messed the size of the text boxes up (which is why you only saw half a traffic light). We have now resized all the elements for you and saved the dashboard in Excel 2003 XLS format. Please find the 2003 version here..
(2.1 MiB) Downloaded 519 times
I'll send you a private message via the forum with the commercial version which is unlocked!

Commercial license holders can download the unlocked version in the commercial license holder's download area here http://www.exceldashboardwidgets.com/ph ... f=25&t=105

Hope this helps and please get back to us if you need more assistance.

Best wishes

DashboardWidgets
By Jake
Hello,

Thanks for this fast solution! Works fine now.

Regards,

Jake
By DashboardWidgets
You're welcome!

Please feel free to contact us if you need more support with your dashboard project.

Best wishes.

DashboardWidgets

Download and try for free!