ExcelDashboardWidgets

Helping you create stunning dashboards in Microsoft Excel including dials, speedometers, thermometers, and much more...

Please post your comments related to configuring the ExcelDashboardWidgets spreadsheets here.

Moderator: DashboardWidgets

By tjgilmore
Hello,

I just purchased the commercial version of the dashboard widget and I can't get the linking part of the dashboard chart to work...

I have uploaded the file to see where I went wrong... I didn't really understand that
Step #2: On the dashboard page, go to (HOME>FIND&SELECT>SELECTION PANE) to link individual widget components to BLUE cells following this example.
part of the instructions...

Hopefully you can help me out with where I went wrong...

Thanks,

TJ Gilmore
Attachments
(115.24 KiB) Downloaded 373 times
By DashboardWidgets
Hi TJGilmore

It looks like you are doing well - just a few more baby step and your dials will be linked to your data.

The easiest way to understand the steps that need to be followed is to look at some of our YouTube tutorials. We noticed that you are interested in using the dials with percentage values so this video post might be helpful.

http://www.exceldashboardwidgets.com/ph ... ?f=9&t=246

The unlocked example dial with percentages widget used in the video above can be downloaded from the Commercial License Holder's Area here (you need to be logged in for this)..

http://www.exceldashboardwidgets.com/ph ... t=106#p678

We hope this helps get you unstuck and please feel free to ask for more support.

If you still have problems we will make a video for you based on the dashboard you are trying to make.

Best regards

DashboardWidgets
By tjgilmore
Hey Thanks for the feedback. I made it a little further this time but I'm still stuck on getting the dial to point to the right place. I watched the video and got lost at the series part of linking the needle to the series.

Hopefully you can help steer me in the right direction again. Sorry to be so needy...

TJ GIlmore
Attachments
(116.78 KiB) Downloaded 431 times
By tjgilmore
Hey,

I just wanted to post a quick update. I was able to figure it out. I had issues with the series function for some reason. Then I had to change the thickness and color of the needle. I was able to figure it and it looks great.

Thank you so much for the help and support.
By tweather
I have gotten near completion in creating a Non Linear Dial dashboard. As I finalize the NEEDLE, it shows as three lines, not one big needle. See attached screenshot. Thoughts?
Attachments
Needle Issue2.jpg
By DashboardWidgets
Hi Tweather

Somehow the needle has lost its formatting - this is simple to fix..

1. Select the needle (left-click it twice to select the X-Y graph object).
2. Right-click the needle and select "FORMAT DATA SERIES".
3. Go to LINE STYLE and change the width to 7PT.
tweather.jpg
If you still are having problems setting up these widgets please feel free to get back to us.

Cheers

DashboardWidgets

Download and try for free!