ExcelDashboardWidgets

Helping you create stunning dashboards in Microsoft Excel including dials, speedometers, thermometers, and much more...

Post any problems or questions you have with the ExcelDashboardWidgets spreadsheets here.

Moderator: DashboardWidgets

By suthosharko
Hello ExcelDashboardWidgets,

Thanks for your video. Can you please tell me what version and service pack your e2010 is. Mine is as follows:
Excel 2010 Version.png
To answer your question about whether this behaviour is the same if I paste the widget into a new workbook or current open workbook .. yes the same. I even open the unlocked version you sent and when I change a formula there, it picks up the font of the cell referenced in the formula, so I don't even have to do a copy and paste for this behaviour to show.

I will try and get a 2013 trial ... but based on advice from the MS forum post they have reproduced this issue in e2013 so I don't expect that will be any different. Can I pls ask if you can get a trail of e2013 as well to test.

Can I please ask anyone else that is using e2010 with the widgets on this forum ... have you experienced this issue??
By suthosharko
Hello ExcelDashboardWidgets,

Actually based on what you've supplied you aren't on SP2 at all. Indeed you're not even on SP1. The SP2 you've highlighted is for Vista, i.e. the operating system, which doesn't imply that Office's SP is the same.

You screenshot shows 14.0.4734.1000. When I Google "excel 2010 service pack version number" (without the double quotes) I get:

The version number of Office 2010 SP1 is greater than or equal to 14.0.6029.1000 but less than 14.0.7015.1000. The version number of the original RTM release of Office 2010 (that is, with no service pack) is greater than or equal to 14.0.4763.1000 but less than 14.0.6029.1000.
Description of Office 2010 Service Pack 2 - Microsoft Support
support.microsoft.com/kb/2460049

As your version 14.0.4734.1000 is below SP1 which is 14.0.6029.1000 as a minimum, you do not have SP1 install.

When I Google your version number, and go to the first article present at http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/offi ... 864d23e1f3 it says "Office 2010 Professional is 14.0.4734.1000 is a preleased version".

Therefore I think you need to upgrade to SP2 as a matter of urgency and then see if the behaviour I have described is finally what you also get. If so then the mystery will have been solved. And if so then yes I would suggest that you redo your widgets such that the calculation cells referenced by the widget formulas are all in exactly the same format as the widget formats, so hat its at least possible to copy the widget and its correctly formatted calculations as one entire bundle such that while ever the formulas are referring to these same cells, then their formats won't change.
Hi Suthosharko

As promised we've produced an updated version of the unlocked version of the ExcelDashboardWidgets Dashboard Spreadsheet with all 18 of the widgets calculation code blocks in their proper font size and colors to help users that have experienced problems with the font-size resetting upon pasting or formula changes.

You can download the revised version from the Commercial License Holder's Download Area here...

http://www.exceldashboardwidgets.com/ph ... f=25&t=356
Updated Code Blocks.jpg
For the Service Pack issue - you're absolutely right, we misread the information box!!

Anyhow, this new release of the unlocked version of the widgets should solve your all of your problems with the formatting resetting i.e. once you paste a new widget it will automatically pick up the correct formatting when you link each of the text boxes (you will only need to configure the widget once).

Feel free to get back to us if you have more suggestions for improvements.

Cheers

DashboardWidgets
Hi DashboardWidgets,

Thanks for making the changes to the licensed version, but when I click on the link it says that "You are not authorised to read this forum". So not sure what needs to be done but appears that some further permission needs to be provided??

Download and try for free!