ExcelDashboardWidgets

Helping you create stunning dashboards in Microsoft Excel including dials, speedometers, thermometers, and much more...

Post any problems or questions you have with the ExcelDashboardWidgets spreadsheets here.

Moderator: DashboardWidgets

Hi I have also just purchased:
Transaction ID 8GH75403S78449201, I liked the Product & Video so thought that I would invest to generate some nice Dashboards for Work Projects. I haven't received anything back from PayPal or yourselves yet, but understand the time zone & manual checking process - if you could let me know when you dispatch the email with link to download the unlocked version that will be great. Can you also explain the T&C of use? (I will be using at work)...
One thing I did notice from the video was the amount of manual Configuration (in particular the changing of Fonts etc. when amending the Cell references) and was wondering whether I could come up with a better method for Adding Widgets... so I am keen to try out your great little Product...
Many thanks, Mark
Hey Mark

Just to let you know we processed your payment and have sent you the unlocked version of the dashboard. We have also added your username to the list of users that can access the commercial license holders area of the forum and download all of the unlocked examples (you can access it via the board index page).

To answer your question about terms and conditions - the commercial license is based on 'fair use'. It allows the license holder, or individuals within the license holder's organisation, to use the Excel widgets that we have designed in any way, shape, or form they choose - including emailing their Excel dashboard to any third party they like.

However, if any third party individuals, or a third party organisation, then extracts the widgets and uses them for their own work or purposes, which is not connected to the work that the license holder has produced, then this exceeds 'fair use' and we would expect the third party to purchase their own 39 USD$ commercial use license for their organisation.

Feel free to play around and see if you can come up with a better way to avoid the manual configuration. Please feel free to post your tweaks in the forum so they can benefit other users.

Please feel free to get back to us if you need any support with your dashboard projects or have any more questions.

Cheers

DashboardWidgets
Thank you for the prompt reply - I have received the unlocked version.
The license is how I saw it and is fine as only I intend to use the Widgets and will protect them for any Reports I distribute.
Yes, when I have had a chance to build my first Dashboard I will feed back if I find a better way of copying Widgets and their configuration data, great stuff, Mark
Hi wez462

The idea with the free version of the dashboard is that it is a "proof of concept" sufficient enough to help you make a decision as to whether you would like to purchase the commercial version. Unfortunately, we needed to protect parts of our intellectual property and as a result some parts of the free version of the Excel dashboard spreadsheet are locked.

In it's current from the free version of the dashboard spreadsheet shows random values every time you press F9 to refresh. Adding the activation code to the cell M13 of the 'Dashboard Configuration' Tab unlocks the cells on the page and allows you to fill in your own values for up to eight dials and four thermometers.

Hope this helps and please do get in touch via the forum with any assistance that you require with your dashboard project.

Cheers

DashboardWiddgets
By Laura
Mark,

The information in the above post needs to be incorporated into your spreadsheet. I finally got the spreadsheet to work when I put my activation code into M13, but was about to give up! It took a lot of digging and time to find this post. You are potentially losing sales and your concept is brilliant!
Hi Laura

Thanks for your helpful comments - I think probably the best thing to do is to put clearer instructions into the Excel file itself.

Thanks for your ideas - they are appreciated - especially as we don't want to miss out on sales.

Hope you enjoy the festive season.

Cheers

DashboardWidgets

Download and try for free!