ExcelDashboardWidgets

Helping you create stunning dashboards in Microsoft Excel including dials, speedometers, thermometers, and much more...

Post any problems or questions you have with the ExcelDashboardWidgets spreadsheets here.

Moderator: DashboardWidgets

By babysquip
I am designing a dashboard but I am having trouble with the Equalizer Widget Configuration Data I could do with some help or advice as I can’t get the data to link to the charts without changing size its driving me crazy.
Thanks
Dazz
Attachments
(127.87 KiB) Downloaded 287 times
By DashboardWidgets
Hi babysquip

Sorry you are having problems with this. We hope these pieces of advice will help to overcome the problems.

1. Use the 'Selection Pane' option vigilantly to organise, name and order all your shape elements on the page.

On the ribbon, choose 'Home > Editing > Find and Select > Selection Pane. From here you can select, manipulate and group all the shape elements on the page. The order on the RHS works like a stack so you can position shape elements into the foreground (to edit them) and then back into the background. We would highly recommend that you are also vigilant about naming and grouping all of your shape elements (it's easy to get lost if you don't do this). Also, try and work on one widget at a time - once it's working perfectly, paste in the next widget and it's corresponding calculation and configuration boxes.

2. Note down the textsize, font, color and bold characteristics before you link each textbox with a new data source.

We agree that this is a highly annoying trait in Excel that when you assign a textbox a new datasource it resets the textbox attributes of font,size, color and bold/normal to the default values. However (as far as we are aware) there is no workaround for this. The only way is to mentally note the characteristics beforehand. Then once the textbox has refortmatted itself, physically change the characteristics back again (e.g. in the case of the equalizer widget, the equalizer bars are Calibri 24pt - however Excel resets them back to Arial 10pt).

We hope this is enough to get you 'unstuck' - if this doesn't help, we can produce a 'step-by-step' version with pictures.

Warmest regards

DashboardWidgets

Download and try for free!