ExcelDashboardWidgets

Helping you create stunning dashboards in Microsoft Excel including dials, speedometers, thermometers, and much more...

Post any problems or questions you have with the ExcelDashboardWidgets spreadsheets here.

Moderator: DashboardWidgets

By Coopers
Hi,
I have been using the first Linear dial widget. When I try to set it to my calculations, it works, but the dial becomes a blue wired version and not the black dial that is on the original widget. I am using the following Excel code: =SERIES(Calculations!$D$26,Calculations!$C$27:$C$31,Calculations!$D$27:$D$31,1) I know it's my error, but I cannot see where!

On another point too...I am trying to build a dashboard on two levels - one for a working level Committee which contains a number of widgets, each of which tracks progress on a work stream but I want the output of these widgets to feed into a master widget that gives the Board an overview of one complete area (they don't need the detail). Is this possible/easy to do please? Do you have examples or a tutorial?

Many thanks,

Stephen
By DashboardWidgets
Hi Coopers,

Welcome to the forum. We made a quick video to answer your question here.

It is important to understand that the widgets are made up of multiple Excel objects (shapes, graphs, text boxes etc.). Each of these elements can be formatted individually (color, line thickness, shadow, font, etc.). Sometimes when the widgets are pasted into Excel the objects revert back to their default formatting. For example in the video you can see that the needle becomes blue and skinny (wired) because it has 'blue' formatting and a thickness of 1.5 pts. Converting it back to the original settings of 'black' and 7 pts thickness solves the problem. Click the image below to see what we mean.
Skinny Dial Needle.png
The best way to understand dashboard creation using Excel is to look through a few of the videos on YouTube and looking at the examples in the Commercial License Holder's Download Area which you can access through the link here..

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=103

If you have more questions feel free to ask in the forum.

Regards,

ExcelDashboardWidgets

Download and try for free!