ExcelDashboardWidgets

Helping you create stunning dashboards in Microsoft Excel including dials, speedometers, thermometers, and much more...

Post any problems or questions you have with the ExcelDashboardWidgets spreadsheets here.

Moderator: DashboardWidgets

By mickbirty
Hi, I hope you can point me in the right direction.I am tracking a moisture figure daily. I need to do a couple of widgets that show wether the moisture reading today or in real time has gone up or come down via simple arrows. I have studied your up down widget but can't seem to take it in. Say moisture value is 5.4% now and goes to 5.6%. I need the arrow to show up (and green) and by what percentage it went up, or down (and red) of course. Cant seem to get the previous value thing right. Is this possible.

Thanks in advance.
By DashboardWidgets
Hi Mick

Thanks for the message! You are absolutely right - with % moisture content we need to reverse the colors that are set up as increased % moisture content is a bad consequence (and should be shown in RED) and decreased % moisture is a good consequence (and should be shown in GREEN). This is opposite to the current logic of the widgets where an increase is shown as a positive outcome.

This can be achieved in seconds by switching the up and down colors and up and down arrow icons.

Here is a quick example for the % Percent widget..
UpDownReverse.png
There is a video on our YouTube Channel showing the procedure here..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p59cF-8XJ-k

Here is a brief description of the procedure..

1. Enter a current value that is GREATER than the previous value i.e. an INCREASE in humidity
2. Click HOME > FIND AND SELECT > SELECTION PANE
3. Go to WIDGET "Q" and click on the BACKGROUND CHART
4. Right click on the colored square and select FORMAT DATA POINT (make sure it says DATA POINT not DATA SERIES)
5. Go to FILL and select RED
6. Enter a current value that is LESS than the previous value i.e. a DECREASE in humidity
7. Repeat steps 2-4
8. Go to FILL and select GREEN

If you still need help let us know and we'll put together a quick video!

Cheers

DashboardWidgets

Download and try for free!