ExcelDashboardWidgets

Helping you create stunning dashboards in Microsoft Excel including dials, speedometers, thermometers, and much more...

Post any problems or questions you have with the ExcelDashboardWidgets spreadsheets here.

Moderator: DashboardWidgets

By donchart
Hi -

Wondering if anyone has had any experience porting dashboard files w/ Widgets to Excel Services on a SharePoint site....I am getting some "unsupported" file errors....in particular I believe it is failing on "Shapes or Other Objects"

I'm hoping there is a workaround - was planning on going full dashboard using this.... :(

Thanks All...
Hi DonChart

You're absolutely correct - Excel on Sharepoint currently does not support shapes or "other objects".

Naturally, this poses a number of problems as our widgets are primarily created out of Excel shape objects!!

However, Excel on Sharepoint does support embedding of pictures with transparency.

One approach that we are playing around with is to convert the Excel shapes (i.e. the widget background, colored scales, etc.) to pictures so the widgets can be used on Sharepoint.

Feel free to take upload the "proof of concept" linear dial widget below to your Sharepoint site which is working reasonably well. Try changing the title, sub-title, linear dial scale (i.e. from 0 - 1000) or main value.
Linear Dial Sharepoint.jpg
(43.07 KiB) Downloaded 228 times
We'll upload the unlocked version into the Commercial License Holder's Download Area if you want to see the calculations tab.

Interested to hear any comments and suggestions!

Cheers

DashboardWidgets
By donchart
Thanks for the reply, I basically did what you had here only I reverse engineered the Widget, used transparency and all is good with the world....now it looks fine on SP services....

A follow up, I want a Dial that looks like a 0 - 90 degree chart wedge -- Donut probably for esthetic purposes....similar to the Circular Dial, but I only want to see the First 90 Degrees and I want to set the lower and upper thresholds to 0 % and 10%.......and see for example a 6% fill starting at 0 -- attached pic is a rough idea....is this possible ?? I'm sure it is, concept is killing me though....

sample graph.JPG
By donchart
That looks exactly like what I am looking for -- Thanks so much - can't wait to play and inject this into my reporting structure....

Have to say, these tools are phenomenal and support is just as impressive -- Thanks again...
Hi DonChart

A pleasure - Excel is actually a very flexible dashboarding solution once you understand the best way to use the existing Excel objects.

Feel free to get in touch if you have more ideas or require more support.

Cheers

DashboardWidgets

Download and try for free!