ExcelDashboardWidgets

Helping you create stunning dashboards in Microsoft Excel including dials, speedometers, thermometers, and much more...

Post any problems or questions you have with the ExcelDashboardWidgets spreadsheets here.

Moderator: DashboardWidgets

I have created a linear dial widget and I need the section panels for the scales to be more reflective of the values. For example:
When I enter 46.00 as the needle value, it reads 46.00 but points to an area about the 60.00 value area on the section panels and not where it should point.
Is there a way to make the section panels more reflective of the actual values?
Attachments
(156.79 KiB) Downloaded 731 times
Hi DFD484

We took a quick look at your dashboard. The dial is actually pointing to the correct position. However your scale intervals are all unequal.

The main reason for this is that you have not copied and pasted the scale calculation cells on the "my calculations tab" (cells D22 to D26 have formulas in them). For example, the formula automatically divides the scale interval of 100.80 by 5 to give 20.2.
PWI2.jpg
Feel free to take a look at the updated dashboard attached below.
(156.78 KiB) Downloaded 713 times
Perhaps you were looking for the non-linear dial - which allows a non-linear scale and may better serve your needs)?

Feel free to get back in touch if there is anything that is not clear or you require further assistance.

Hope this helps!

Cheers

DashboardWidgets

Download and try for free!