ExcelDashboardWidgets

Helping you create stunning dashboards in Microsoft Excel including dials, speedometers, thermometers, and much more...

Post any problems or questions you have with the ExcelDashboardWidgets spreadsheets here.

Moderator: DashboardWidgets

By saramayfield
Hi,
I am wanting to add in gender neutral icons on the gender widget (or children) instead of the standard male/female. I also want to be able to add two of the same gender on the widget. While I can copy the image, I cant group it properly. How do I go about doing that!!
thanks,
sara
By DashboardWidgets
Dear Sara

All of our widgets are made up of common Excel objects such as shapes, textboxes, images, and charts.

The male and female icons on the gender widget are simple image objects.

The best way to see how the widgets are built up is to use the selection pane feature in Excel "HOME > FIND & SELECT > SELECTION PANE" which shows all the individual objects and groups on the active sheet. It also shows the "stack order" (the order on which objects are placed on top of each other). There are a number of videos that explain how we use the SELECTION PANE on our YouTube Channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK_ATU ... K4cVW-UvaQ

If you need us to make a special video for you changing these icons then please let us know.

Warmest regards

DashboardWidgets
By saramayfield
I would really appreciate a special video. I can add a clip art picture and see it in the selection pane, but it sits at the end of all the objects and I cant change the stack order of the new image. Thanks for your time in helping me.
cheers Sara
By DashboardWidgets
Hi saramayfield

The key to changing the stacking order of the Excel objects within the widget is to use the REORDER arrow buttons at the bottom of the SELECTION PANE.

We made this quick video for you which may help you out.

Hope this helps and please feel free to get back to us if anything is not clear or you have more questions.

Warmest regards

DashboardWidgets

Download and try for free!