ExcelDashboardWidgets

Helping you create stunning dashboards in Microsoft Excel including dials, speedometers, thermometers, and much more...

Post any problems or questions you have with the ExcelDashboardWidgets spreadsheets here.

Moderator: DashboardWidgets

By srmazurk
I would like to have multiple traffic lights set up by an area (ex. HR) where each traffic light has a different metric it is showing. The hurdle is that each traffic light will have a different threshold. Can I set up a single widget to have multiple traffic lights where each traffic light has a different measurement and upper/lower limits?
By DashboardWidgets
Hi Srmazurk

Currently the traffic light widget contains four separate traffic lights - with a single set of cut-off thresholds that affects all four traffic lights.

However, please find below a custom traffic light widget (four traffic lights with four customizable cut-off thresholds - one for each traffic light) that we have prepared especially for you (actually the standard commercial version is set-up for individual thresholds, we just added some configuration fields).
Separate Thresholds.jpg
(17.08 KiB) Downloaded 621 times
As you are probably aware, depending on your needs it is also possible to copy either the widget or the number of traffic lights within the widget to track as many metrics as your dashboard requires. For example, here is an image of a single traffic light widget with eight traffic lights..
Multiple Traffic Lights.jpg
You can also find more information on duplicating the widgets here..

http://www.exceldashboardwidgets.com/ph ... p?f=7&t=65

I hope this helps. Please, if anything is not clear feel free to get back to us.

Good luck with your dashboard project.

Best wishes

DashboardWidgets
By DashboardWidgets
Hi Stillbatt

It shouldn't be a problem to implement what you are requesting.

You can find a few examples of selecting a name from a drop down list and updating the data shown on the dashboard here..

http://www.exceldashboardwidgets.com/ph ... m.php?f=24

If you can give us a little more clarity in terms of exactly what you are trying to do we are happy to provide you with a working example.

Warm regards

DashboardWidgets

Download and try for free!