ExcelDashboardWidgets

Helping you create stunning dashboards in Microsoft Excel including dials, speedometers, thermometers, and much more...

Upload and share your dashboard spreadsheets with other users here.

Moderator: DashboardWidgets

By KellyS
I've been tasked with making a health status dashboard that pulls data from a number of spreadsheets.
Each health facility collects its own performance data. They then email these spreadsheets to me on a weekly basis. They’d like me to create a single Dashboard that allows you to select a time period (drop down list) and shows a comparision between these health facilities for various metrics on a monthly and quarterly basis.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.
Dear Kelly

Apologies to take forever to get back to you - we've only just noticed your post!

To answer answer your first question, YES - our Excel Dashboard Widgets can be used exactly the same way as a normal Excel Spreadsheet so data can be pulled together from anywhere. You simply use the standard Excel notation for an external spreadsheet reference for example...
Code: Select all
=SUM('C:\Reports\[Budget.xlsx]Annual'!C10:C25)
If you are adventurous, you can even pull links across a shared network drive using an Excel hypertext link!

To answer your second question, YES - our Excel Dashboard Widgets can be used exactly the same way as a normal Excel Spreadsheet so you can create a single dashboard with drop down lists that allow you to select a time period (e.g. monthly and quarterly basis).

To demonstrate the concept we have set up a very simple Health Facility Dashboard for you.
Health Facility Dashboard3.jpg
Health Facility Dashboard2.jpg
To create the dropdown boxes we have used ActiveX combo boxes from the 'Developer' tab on the ribbon (you need to click design mode to tweak the parameters). We set up an additional tab with the dropbox parameters..
Health Facility Dashboard.jpg
Finally, we used a lookup function (INDEX / MATCH) to feed the dashboard dials from a simple database which we set up on another tab which looks like this..
(55.33 KiB) Downloaded 751 times
We hope this answers your questions and please feel free to get back to use if you need a more detailed explanation.

Good luck with your dashboard project - sounds interesting!

DashboardWidgets

Download and try for free!