ExcelDashboardWidgets

Helping you create stunning dashboards in Microsoft Excel including dials, speedometers, thermometers, and much more...

Please post your comments related to configuring the ExcelDashboardWidgets spreadsheets here.

Moderator: DashboardWidgets

By lilmizhap
Hi,

I am using your dial widget and have added a new dial. I can use the selection pane so that new dial is shown in the correct place, but when I re-group it, it gets pushed to the back. How can I add the new dial to the already established group the rest of the bits are part of?

Thank you

Jo
Hi lilmizhap

I don't know if this helps but the selection pane shows the "stacking order" of individual shapes and objects so items towards the top are placed over items towards the bottom.

At the bottom of the selection pane there are two buttons labelled "REORDER" to move an item "up" and "down" in the stacking order.

Hope this helps - if not feel free to keep asking.

Cheers

DashboardWidgets
Hi,

Yep - got the stacking order bit sorted, but its when I re-group the selection, as its not part of that group it get pushed to the back. I then have to up-group and reorder the new dial back to be seen.

Thank you

Jo
Hi Jo

Sorry but Excel can occasionally be a temperamental beast! It's no error on your part!

No idea why Excel does this (perhaps when you regroup objects Excel classes the group as a new item).

I think the key is to know where the options are for controlling the layout and how to reconfigure them.

By the way it is possible to select and edit objects without un grouping as follows..

1. Click the individual object once in the selection pane (you should see it's square white "handles" appear on the main screen.
2. Hover over one of the object's square white "handles" in the main window and right-click the mouse.
3. Select "format" from the mini menu that appears.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

DashboardWidgets

Download and try for free!