ExcelDashboardWidgets

Helping you create stunning dashboards in Microsoft Excel including dials, speedometers, thermometers, and much more...

Please post your comments related to configuring the ExcelDashboardWidgets spreadsheets here.

Moderator: DashboardWidgets

By mhegarty
I have an odd issue. No mater what I do, as soon as I update the data source for the wedges (series 1-10), The rings change to standard colors and lose the 3d effect (bevels). Can you please make a video that demonstrates how you are getting the separate colors as well as the 3D effect AND how you make the transparent segments if the number is less than 10.

Thank you for this product!!! It is AWESOME!

Mark H.
By THEDEL44
Hey Peter
Love the dashboard widgets….I have got the basics for most but I’m having trouble with Radar widget. With your example if a number plots in any area of the competency matrix the graph radiates out to the number posted and the rest of the pie section disappears. In my radar graph it plots the number but does not make the rest of the pie disappear. Another colour fills in the rest of the section.
I’d like it to look like your example. I’ve tried everything….please advise.
I’ve included my attempt.
Thanks
Hi THEDEL44

Sorry to take a while to get back to you. We fixed the radar widget for you - to be honest we're not quite sure how you had managed to lose the clear cells and it was easier for us to just copy into your spreadsheet again.
Excel Radar Chart.jpg
(38.25 KiB) Downloaded 823 times
This is pretty much the procedure we followed..

1. Copy the Radar Widget into a new tab.
2. Turn off the text labels so we can clearly access the Radar Graph
(HOME > FIND & SELECT > SELECTION PANE > CLICK THE "EYE" ICON NEXT TO "TEXT BOXES").
3. Select the Radar Graph
4. Update the data driving the Radar Graph
CHART TOOLS > DESIGN > SELECT DATA > SERIES 1 > EDIT
5. Repeat step 9 more times for Series 2 - 10
6. Turn the text labels back on
(HOME > FIND & SELECT > SELECTION PANE > CLICK THE "EYE" ICON NEXT TO "TEXT BOXES").
7. Link each of the text labels to the values in the "Configurations" tab.

The video describing the process can be found here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXrN8t7LCEQ

We would recommend that you try and paste the widget in again!! An alternative much more laborious process would be to set all the 10 main values to "0" on the configuration page and then change the fill settings for each data-point back to "NO FILL" - which requires updating 100 data points - you can see why it was much easier to paste the widget in again!!).

Hope this helps and if you need more assistance (or perhaps a video explanation) feel free to get in touch.

Cheers

DashboardWidgets

Download and try for free!