ExcelDashboardWidgets

Helping you create stunning dashboards in Microsoft Excel including dials, speedometers, thermometers, and much more...

A few simple tutorials and samples to help you get started with your dashboard.

Moderator: DashboardWidgets

By rumphydog
I'm very excited about using these widgets and am finding it difficult to fit several widgets on the same
8.5 x 11 page whether in portrait or landscape.

In portrait, if I use a small header title for the company, I can only get 2 "Equalizer widgets" across and 2 "Equalizer widgets" down on a page. If I do this in landscape, I can possible get 3 across and 2 down.

I am interested in using the following widgets: Linear Dial, Thermometer, Equalizer, Traffic Light, Pie and Trend Widgets.

Does anyone know the optimum smaller sizes height and width that can be used on the assumption that the "aspect ratio" is locked without causing major headaches and still being able to visual the data? Or are we supposed to only use the size it was created at and put minimal widgets per page.

Thanks for your help.
Hi rumphydog

An 8.5 x 11 page has a width to height ratio of 1:1.3 which means the best layout is 4 x 3 using Excel's "Fit to Page" option when it comes to printing.

There's an image in the knowledge base post (http://www.exceldashboardwidgets.com/kn ... -base.html) which you may find helpful..

Note that the top two rows are A4 - however the bottom row is actually 8.5 x 11
Layouts A4.jpg
Finally, it's worth noting that these widgets are simply made up of common Excel objects (charts, shapes, text boxes) and can actually be redesigned by the user to take any shape, form, and size that they like!

Hope this helps and feel free to get back to us if you need more support with this exercise.

Cheers

DashboardWidgets

Download and try for free!